I'm working on a miniature gaming system, that (hopefully) will be robust, yet streamlined in the manner in which the game is played. I like some of the Mini games like Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, and Mordhiem, but the biggest annoying factor to me is how long it can take to play a game most of the time. Rare times, someone has completely crappy rolls and the game is over in like... 30 minutes. Most of the time though, it takes hours to play especially if there's 3 or more players.
So I'm going to try to make something faster, but not limited. As the title of the blog implies, I'll be using 10 sided dice, instead of the defacto standard of 6 sided dice. There will are plans for expansion sets, making the game in a way of sorts, open and configurable to allow a whole crapload of possibilities. Templated style character creation; simplified "metric" game engine (rolling d6's for "percentile" results are just... lame); and even rules for creating new races and classes (Hopefully!).
I hope to enter an "Alpha" testing phase soon, to get the game mechanics dialed in, and eventually I'll need play testers. So if you're reading this and you are a table top gamer that lives in the Phoenix Arizona area (or know of some), please contact me at dragonclawgaming.phx@gmail.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment